Do the research, anticipate repercussions
While reengineering, It is imperative to identify any dependencies on interconnected processes to understand the repercussions of automation and how to deal with them.
Most process reengineering initiatives have the following stages:
- Examine the process to understand the current scenario and the way the process functions
- Review the process using tools that undertake gap analysis as well as eliminating any non-value-added steps within the process
- Interview stakeholders to understand the objective, challenges faced, and the desired outcome of automation
- Incorporate feedback to streamline the process
- Get domain expertise and best practices to fine-tune the process as needed
- Design the new process to make it nimble and linear and to remove current inefficiencies
Why is process reengineering critical to businesses?
Ready to build smarter?
Cutting costs and creating efficiencies is a top priority for today’s organizations as they look to drive digital transformation through lean operations. The ROI of lean operations promises greater employee engagement and a bigger bottom line.
Want leaner operations? Complete this form to kickstart HGS Digital’s LeanOps assessment.