Strategy at the core of data transformation
The comprehensiveness of the data that the C-suite receives has been slow to improve. Common reasons include:
- Lack of data strategy
- Data in silos
- Poor data reliability
- Legacy systems
- Lack of a data culture
- Shortage of analytical talent
HGS Digital helps to unleash the value locked in data with a comprehensive data strategy.
Our data strategy team includes cross-functional expertise in digital strategy, data-driven marketing, and marketing analytics. We work closely with executives to outline scope, define multi-year roadmaps, identify operating models, and recommend technologies.
HGS’s core competence of customer service engagement lays a strong foundation for our data strategy initiatives and empowers companies to move away from experience-based change to data-backed decisions.
Data challenges everywhere
Business leaders face a myriad of challenges in leveraging data for organizational use. These challenges can slow down data transformation initiatives.
Businesses struggle with balancing new and established technologies and with retrieving data from legacy systems due to:
- High reliance on legacy on-premises infrastructure
- Limited investments in a cloud-based data infrastructure
- Unused or under-used technology investments
The resource struggle for many data initiatives include:
- Team not having right data culture
- Intuition-based instead of data-driven decisions
- Lack of data science expertise
Unwillingness of teams to change certain processes results in challenges like:
- Too many manual processes
- Inconsistent data reporting
- Lack of automation limiting real-time insights
Data access and quality are essential for leaders, but:
- Data is usually siloed in different systems
- Data quality is not maintained
- Businesses lack understanding of customer data
- Limited capabilities around data mining and analytics
Our workshops can jumpstart your transformation initiatives
Our data strategy workshops enable businesses like yours to build the right data team, processes, and technologies.
Businesses looking to derive deep data insights
- Identify ways to leverage data to gain deeper business insights
- Outperform competition using data-driven insights and decisions
- Evaluate data systems, processes, team members, tools, infrastructure
- Define data-driven vision, goal and roadmap
Innovation using data,
AI-ML, and cloud tech
Executives looking to revamp offerings by leveraging modern technologies
- Review industry trends in data, AI-ML, cloud, bots, IoT, and more
- Innovate with modern technologies and inject business growth
- Create a transformation vision, goals and supporting business cases
- Define phased roadmap and execution plan
Marketing organizations looking to make data-driven marketing decisions
- Learn from data-driven marketing industry trends and best practices
- Define a marketing and sales funnel approach to track conversions
- Audit martech stack, people, process, and data maturity within marketing
- Define execution plan for tools and processes to become data-driven
Data engineering and
cloud data strategy
Businesses looking for enterprise-wide data management strategy
- Review industry best practices and examples
- Assess business needs, current infrastructure, data flows and quality, systems, processes, and people
- Create data architecture, governance, and resource recommendations
- Define roadmap and implementation plan
center of excellence
Executives looking to setup a CoE to support data initiatives
- Identify opportunities/use cases/ business cases for setting up CoE
- Create COE strategy and roadmap – leadership, team, governance, processes, tools, and technologies
- Create change management and communication, program management and execution, and business adoption and training
- Define timelines and execution plan
Data quality and
Executives looking for data quality and hygiene processes
- Review data infrastructure, systems, data flows, systems, and data quality processes
- Discuss hygiene best practices and validate existing processes/data
- Perform data diagnostics and assessments
- Define data hygiene/unification strategy, including processes and governance recommendations
Customer 360° data and
Executives looking for better customer insights
- Learn how innovators are hyperpersonalizing experiences using data
- Define a customer hyperpersonalization vision
- Provide recommendations for building customer 360-degree view
- Define a hyperpersonalization roadmap and execution plan
Martech and marketing
Marketing executives looking to align a martech stack with marketing goals
- Define/review customer journey mapping and marketing funnel
- Review existing martech stack and appropriate recommendations
- Perform web analytics audit, including data layer and tag manager audit
- Define marketing analytics strategy, timelines, and execution plan
Customer data platform
Marketing executives looking to setup a customer data strategy
- Identify use cases that CDP can help solve
- Create vendor evaluation framework and identify vendors for evaluation
- Setup vendor demos, perform vendor evaluation and selection
- Create implementation roadmap
Developing a data sciences CoE
While strategy is just one aspect of data transformation, execution of the set strategy is a critical factor in the success of the endeavor.
We’ve helped businesses execute their data-driven initiatives by helping them establish a data sciences center of excellence (CoE).
Would you like to learn more about the key aspects of designing a data-driven CoE?
Launching a data-led transformation initiative?
Our workshops can jump start your transformation initiatives. We offer a Data Engineering and Cloud Data Strategy workshop.
Need better data quality for your business?
Improve your data hygiene strategy and make better data-backed decisions. Learn from our experts at one of our workshops.
Data and analytics services
HGS Digital provides end-to-end data and analytics services.
HGS brings extensive data and analytics expertise, along with in-depth domain proficiency, to help clients transform their businesses. We provide strategic CX and technology consulting, along with resources to implement end-to-end data and analytics solutions.
Book a consultation
Complete the form below to book a free consultation.
Using analytics to improve financial recovery by 80% for healthcare system leader
When a large health system was in search of billing and collections for workers’ compensation and insurance accounts receivable resolution (A/R), they turned to HGS. HGS’s model improves collection rates and revenue recovery speed.