HGS Digital’s cloud practice is designed to accelerate cloud adoption. It simplifies deployment, migration, and management using cloud automation and other cloud services for our customers.
HGS Digital’s managed services practice provides ongoing management of our customers’ cloud infrastructure. It automates common activities, such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and it provides full lifecycle services to provision, run, and support cloud infrastructure.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer – Azure, your responsibility is to understand the business requirements to design, develop, and deploy cloud service and infrastructure with Infrastructure as a Code (IAC). Proficiency in core Azure services, IAM, security/compliance, network configurations, and Azure SDKs is required. The ability to automate with Azure native tools, scripting like Python, JSON, and third-party tools such as Terraform is required. Work on cloud migration, cloud automation, cloud transformation projects, and Azure DevOps for CI/CD pipeline is required. Your task is to work closely with other cloud platform teams, such as AWS and GCP engineers.
- Infrastructure prototyping and development – Design, deploy and manage cloud infrastructure components, services and build/deploy web applications
- Deploy Azure service/infrastructure meeting IAM, security and compliance, cost effectiveness, and resiliency
- Automate cloud deployments and application migrations using IAC/ scripting languages, such as Terraform, Python, shell, and PowerShell
- Good understanding of container concepts and hands-on experience with container management platforms, such as Kubernetes and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Chef
- Adopt and implement DevOps CI/CD pipeline code release and deployments
- Create prototypes, if necessary, to validate proposed solutions and seek feedback from stakeholders
- Analysis and design – Transform high-level design into low-level design and implementation
- Support and troubleshooting – Assist the cloud operations team with any cloud environment issues
- Perform unit and integration testing on all deployed code
- Assist in the creating the design/architecture of hybrid cloud solutions
- Develop proof-of-concepts and demos needed for client and internal presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant experience
- Certified Azure Developer – Associate
- 5+ years of working on any cloud and 2+ years on Azure
- 5+ years of scripting experience with Python/bash/PowerShell
- 2+ years of experience in Docker/Containerization
- 2+ years of experience in Terraform
- 2+ years of experience in CI/CD and Azure DevOps