Remote or project/job site(s). May require travel.
HGS Digital is looking for an experienced project manager to lead large-scale, cross-functional projects that redefine the customer journey.
In this role, you will play a key part in the delivery of strategic digital programs that cut across ecommerce, mobile, web, cloud-based communication platform / cloud telephony platforms, and digital marketing. The role aligns multiple business teams and operational functions with strategists, designers, and technologists to bring the best experiences forward. You will know the risks, necessities, and general processes required to bring innovative digital products to life while also looking toward the future to identify ways to evolve our efforts. You will also be involved in identifying as well as defining the specifications for the technical solution to fulfill our customer’s business needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Establish a solid project management methodology and then build and maintain project- and program-based workback schedules to achieve key milestones and ensure on-time project delivery
- Create and oversee project schedules. Ensure timely completion through all phases, from planning to execution to market delivery. Identify, track, and mitigate risks. Take the lead on quantifying and tracking quality control issues
- Track projects spend against budget. Write and present project plans/risks in collaboration with other team members
- Participate in requirements-gathering sessions and onsite workshops to identify client challenges and define specifications
- Communicate effectively with technical teams (onsite and offshore) to translate business requirements into technical requirements/implementation plan
- Also, write detailed requirements specifications, functional specifications, information architecture, use cases, wireframes, test plans, as well as overall system roadmap artifacts
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across marketing, engineering, program management, operations, and technology to elicit their input to inform decisions around digital product development
- Lead the end-user training effort during new system handover
- Work with teams to lead regular project delivery sessions, including scrums, to maintain focus on the product deliverables and guide teams toward success
- Review, research, analyze, and document current state findings, potential future recommendation, and roadmap
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve business practices and efficiencies
- Manage tools to communicate product requirements, feature prioritization/sizing, financial and budget status, deliverable assets, and necessary information to participants in the product’s delivery
- Recommend new methods and tools for HGS Digital to utilize as part of our project management practice
- Prepare status reports, budget reports, revenue projections, etc. and present them to customers/client as required
- Participate in pre-sales activities, including creation of proposals, responding to RFPs, and supporting the team as needed
The ideal person:
- Has familiarity with established program/project delivery methodologies and can utilize different processes to drive projects to completion
- Knows or have ability to understand telephony systems, such as ACDs and dialers such as Avaya Oceana, Genesys, Cisco IPCC, and Oracle ACME SIP gateways or SBCs
- Knows or has the ability to understand contact center platforms for recordings, workforce management (WFM), such as NICE Engage, NICE IEX, Verint AQM (Recordings), Verint WFM (on-premise and cloud-based), and Aspect WFM (on-premise and cloud-based)
- Know or have the ability to understand cloud telephony platform and / or cloud communication platforms, such as Twilio Flex and Amazon Connect, and NICE InContact, Five9, 8×8, etc.
- Keen to learn and deploy the Twilio ecosystem, including Studio, Task Routers, Webhooks, Insights, Ytica, GoodData, etc. as well as Amazon ecosystems like S3, Glacier, Lambda, Lex, Polly, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Transcribe, Workspace, etc.
- Knows how to effectively use and leverage standard project management tools, such as MS Project, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Keen to learn and articulate the transmission or telco services of the global telecom’s partners, like Verizon, AT&T, Rogers, Telus, and their types of connectivity, such as P2P, MPLS, etc. and related encryptions, voice compressions, Codec
- Demonstrated collaboration and leadership skills, combined with optimism, an inventive entrepreneurial spirit, and exceptional listening skills
- Business acumen and commercial expertise, with curiosity and a creative mind
- Fluency and familiarity with current and emerging technologies, especially in ecommerce, mobile, digital marketing, and web development
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 10+ years of industry experience with 6+ years of project management, or program management experience, preferably in digital
- Project/program management certification is good to have
- A comprehensive history of leading delivery programs involving multiple stakeholders and complex integrations
- A demonstrated understanding and ability to educate and work within various product delivery methodologies, including Agile, Kanban, Lean UX, and others
- Technical understanding of digital product development lifecycles, methodologies, program strategy, visual, and experience design
- Technical writing skills with systems engineering and business-case development experience
- Experience conducting cost/benefit analyses
- Ability to prioritize requirements and create prototypes and mockups