Chicago or project site; Temporarily remote
HGS Digital’s cloud practice is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using cloud automation and other cloud services for our customers.
HGS Digital’s managed services practice provides ongoing management of our customers’ cloud infrastructure. It automates common activities, such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and it provides full lifecycle services to provision, run, and support cloud infrastructure.
As a Cloud Operations – Support Specialist, be an expert in AWS cloud platform support and experienced in core IT infrastructure to ensure secured, reliable, and uptime 24×7 environments. Strong knowledge of core AWS services and experience in scripting to launch cloud services using Infrastructure as a Code (IAC) are required. Proficiency in IAM, security/compliance, and network configurations is required. Work with DevOps teams and collaborate with cloud engineering teams and 24×7 monitoring teams to ensure environment and application stability and perform regular support maintenance using native service/tools and automated scripting using Python, Ansible, and third-party tools, such as Terraform.
- Install, configure, administer, and monitor AWS cloud-based infrastructure
- Provide support and resolution for any technical/configurations issues in cloud environment
- Automate cloud deployments and application migrations using IAC, scripting languages Ansible, Terraform, and Python
- Conduct regular security reviews for compliance standards (PCI, HIPAA)
- Create and update run books and system configuration and compliance documentation
- Adopt and implement DevOps CI/CD pipeline code release and deployments
- Configure and set up cloud monitoring solutions (AWS Cloudwatch, third-party API integrations)
- Manage and finetune the monitoring and alerting tools/services
- Experience using opensource technology is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate
- 3+ years of infrastructure/cloud environment support experience
- 2+ years of CI/CD, DevOps principles adoption and experience (Jenkins, Git, Docker)
- 2+ years of scripting experience in Ansible, Terraform, and Python
- 2+ years of experience in agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, verbal, and documentation skills