What is an Expert on Demand?
The term “experts on demand” refers to a service that enables individuals or organizations to connect with highly skilled professionals on an as-needed basis. This allows companies to work with fresh talent whenever and wherever alleviating any long-term contractual obligations and full-time employment liabilities.
There are many benefits of using experts on demand, such as:
- Hassle-Free Work Allocation: When facing challenges that cannot be solved with existing staff, experts on demand offer a way to delegate work to specialists from outside the company to identify the problem and fix it, fast.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Hiring on an ‘on-demand’ basis can save a lot of money. Since on-demand experts come with a work rate of their own, budgeting and estimating the cost of a project becomes easy and accurate.
- Fuss-Free Onboarding: Experts on demand come with the experience and skills needed to do the job, alleviating the requirement for expensive, time-consuming onboarding.
- Limited Setup and Maintenance Costs: Most freelancers equip themselves with their hardware and software, so companies don’t have to worry about purchasing new computers or buying and installing tools that are needed.
- Remote Setups: Remote or work-from-home setups are beneficial for companies as well as the freelancer. Companies save on set-up costs inclusive of office infrastructure, meal costs, etc. while the hired expert saves on the cost of commuting to the office.
- High Quality Standards: Freelancers are thoroughly judged based on their past work experience. On-demand experts are often former consultants or industry veterans who have deep domain knowledge and expertise.
The on-demand work culture focuses on breaking down jobs into simpler components and entrusting them to individuals with the proven skills and expertise to get the job, well. The complexities of the digital age have led to companies outsourcing skilled professionals with the highest degree of competencies in specialized fields.
On-demand Expertise has a Lot to Offer in Terms of Work Flexibility and Business Scalability
On-demand expertise offers businesses more flexibility and control over the cost, duration, overall scope, and result of the project. Companies can choose the individuals they want to work with, based on their skills, past experience, and availability.
The pandemic has humbled top IT giants and made people all over the globe realize that no matter how big the goal, it cannot be achieved without the people who have the knowledge, experience, and intention to achieve it. Gig-based or on-demand expertise makes it easy to set priorities for both parties.
The setup is ideal for organizations seeking help with short-term projects and long-term projects, strategic, tactical, bespoke, and generalized.
On-demand Expertise is Here to Transform the Work Culture in the Tech World
When you are part of a tech environment, it is always a race against time. Finding real talent who can adapt and perform to the rapidly evolving goals of the tech industry becomes a mammoth task. While there are platforms available by subscription to match freelancers with contractors, organizations are beginning to offer on-demand expertise with properly vetted individuals with lengthy acumen.
Companies like HGS have an entire structure built around supporting organizations with on-demand expertise. Request a consultation with one of our experts to see how Experts on Demand can help your organization.