6 Simple ways to achieve quality customer engagement
Historically, companies relied on providing differentiated products and services to attract customers. This approach is often viewed as a shot in the dark because the outcome can be irregular for most companies. Enter, ‘Customer Engagement’.
Customer engagement is a crucial intersection of marketing and pre or post-consumer satisfaction. It can be defined as a process that aims to increase the level of engagement the customers have with a brand by reaching out personally to understand specific requirements and particularities of a certain product or service.
Customer engagement drives customer loyalty
Modernization of products and services has alarmingly expanded customers’ options and heightened expectations, which can be met through enriching experiences. One of the most effective ways to ensure a hassle-free buying experience on the customer’s end is to provide a fulfilling customer engagement session.
A customer engagement session is a two-way communication with a target audience across a variety of channels. For example, direct calls, social media platforms, community forums on the web, email, and cold calls all serve the purpose of a ways of communicating.
Why customer engagement is so important?
Consumers expect businesses to understand their buyer persona, resonate with their needs and anticipate their preferences. Engagement serves as a possibility to provide consumers with what they are looking for or what they need. Customer engagement allows customers to interact with a brand on preferred channels for both B2B and B2C businesses, allowing for ease of communication of opinions, concerns and reviews.
How to increase customer engagement with time?
Customer engagement is a gradual process. The agents must understand the customer’s behavior in depth and interact with them in a manner that makes them feel confident and assured. These are the six way a contact center agent can ensure successful customer engagement.
- Pay attention to detail: Creating personalized products and services for your customers is an integral part of marketing. However, this can be achieved only if the contact center agent / customer support team pays special attention to the specificalities. Achieving extensive knowledge of customer requirements is the first and foremost step to increase customer engagement.
- Track a customer’s journey: In a digitized age, everything runs on data. Customers willingly share relevant personal information and interests so that companies can leverage it to create tailored experiences throughout the buying cycle. Map your customer’s buying journey by keeping track of past interactions, feedback, and other touchpoints that he/she has had with your brand.
- Pursue interactions on all channels: If a certain brand is working towards seeking global recognition, it needs to be available on all possible channels. With more channels to the rescue, the chances of creating persuasive and enlightening engagements for your customers will increase, and so will the conversion rates. Closely analyze the touchpoints on every channel and filter out the ones that are more frequently used by your potential customers. You can prioritize these channels over others for an enhanced personalized engagement.
- Implement feedback as soon as possible: According to Forbes, 83% of consumers expect products to be personalized within moments or hours of engagement. Since competition between brands is typically cut-throat in nature, one of the areas where a brand might receive an edge over others in the market is TAT (Turn-around-time). Once feedback is received, the business should implement it as soon as possible in order to help with customer retention in the long run.
- Reward customers from time to time: One of the most creative ways to increase customer engagement is to reward loyal customers time and again. It can be done through offering discounts on special occasions, gift coupons, points, freebies, and more. Rewarding existing customers consistently might help the brand gain new customer referrals and keep existing customers loyal to a tee.
- Offer a personal touch to interactions: Humans are social beings. A direct one-on-one conversation helps to understand an individual’s mindset quite easily. The conversation between the brand and the consumer should cover the former’s challenges and the latter’s preferences and requirements in depth. Following up and assisting a consumer on zeroing-down a product/service also increases customer engagement.
Continuous technological innovations have proven to influence customer expectations rapidly. It’s why today’s customers ask for personalized experiences across different devices and channels to meet the customer where they are at in life. The ever-evolving market is seldom trust-worthy and organizations that steadily work towards earning their customers’ trust are trying to establish themselves for the long haul. Customer engagement is one of the few important factors that helps to establish trust in-between the brand and the consumer, so it shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Recent blog posts: